All reservations must be made in writing via our official website, or through one of our email addresses. Your reservation requests will be handled and responded to within 24 hours. We will inform you in case we are unable to process your requests due to any specific reason. In case of any unavailability of hotels, flights, specialized services etc., our Travel Expert will provide you some alternative recommendations before processing your final booked services.
Once a reservation is made, a booking confirmation and invoice will be sent to your appointed email by our Travel Expert. A deposit will be required upon the booking confirmation, and the balance will be settled as per our deposit and payment policies below.
2. DEPOSIT & DOWN PAYMENT
A deposit of 20% of the total of the tour price is required upon confirmation of booking a tour. An extra deposit will be required when the normal deposit is less than the required amounts by local suppliers.
You will have peace of mind for your reservation until 1 month before the departure date. At that point, we require the full payment 30 days before departure for all services by money transfer or credit card payment with all bank transfer charges/ fees to be paid by the client.
All the tour packages on our website are operated on a pre-payment basis. Payment can be made either by bank transfer, or using a major credit card such as Visa, Mastercard, or American Express (our prices do not include any occurred transaction fee, thus please add a 3% fee for Visa, Mastercard; or 4% fee for American Express to the total amount of your payment each time); or pay us online through our secured server, please click www.discovereast.vn and fill in the form.
***Please bear in mind that a bank charge is applicable for any bank transfer payment. The agreed amount should be fully paid, without any deduction for bank charges, and/or any other commission on remittances, etc. The Bank remittances must be received into our bank account in full and all bank charges for your bank or any other correspondent bank is on your account.
After receiving your payment, we will issue you the hotel voucher and/or final confirmation itinerary, which can be sent to you by email.
3. BOOKING AMENDMENT
Flexibility is our strongest point. You can amend your booking when it is made. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking number. Our reservations team is glad to amend your booking accordingly and will inform you of any incurred expense caused by such amendment. The final revised itinerary will be sent to your email together with the revised invoice once all amended services are confirmed.
If you use a travel voucher to redeem for re-bookings and changes, all terms and conditions of your travel voucher will be applied within the voucher’s validity.
4. REFUND OF UNUSED SERVICES
No refund will be given for any unused service after the trip has commenced.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY
1. Non COVID-19 Cancellations:
USD$20.00 per person for individual hotel and air ticket bookings; or US$ 100.00 per person for the package tours will be charged as administrative fees in all cancellation cases upon service confirmation.
STANDARD CANCELLATIONS TIMELINE WILL BE CHARGED AS FOLLOWS:
- Up to 60 days prior to the arrival date: Administrative fees will be charged plus the cancellation fees applied by the concerned service suppliers, such as: hotels, trains, and flight or boat companies … in accordance with their cancellation policies if any.
- From 60 to 30 days prior to the arrival date: Cancellation fee of 20% per group/booking plus the cancellation fees applied by the concerned service suppliers, such as: hotels, trains, and flight or boat companies … in accordance with their cancellation policies if any.
- Between 29 to 15 days prior to arrival date: Cancellation fee of 50% per group/booking plus the cancellation fees applied by the concerned service suppliers, such as hotels, trains, and flight or boat companies … in accordance with their cancellation policies if any.
- Between 14 to 8 days prior to arrival date: Cancellation fee of 70% per group/booking plus the cancellation fees applied by the concerned service suppliers, such as hotels, trains, and flight or boat companies … in accordance with their cancellation policies if any.
- Less than 8 days prior to arrival date, or no show: 100 % charge per group/booking.
- In the event of any refund, which we return to you by the same way you paid us, all banking fees and/or deductions of any correspondent bank which might occur, will be counted on your account.
- All administrative & banking service fees will be forfeited in all cancellation cases upon service confirmation.
2. New! COVID-19 Cancellations:
The situation with COVID-19 and its impact on political borders and mobility are unprecedented. We are as flexible as possible with postponements, reschedules and changes of destinations.
However, not all cancellations or charges are free due to the regulations of local governments and suppliers. Therefore, below terms and cancellations are applied for COVID-19 reasons:
- For any booking cancelled within 8 days prior to arrival date due to COVID-19, you will forfeit your deposits (all down payments).
- For any booking cancelled more than 8 days prior to arrival date due to COVID-19, we will have no liability for any refund, compensation, cost, expense, or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
- If you, or anyone in your booking party, get positive test for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified; or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. In such cases, we will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Option 1 – Postponing your holiday to a later date: We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, such as the flight, as well any increase in cost imposed by other suppliers)
- Option 2 – Adjusting itineraries: Relocate to another country or region which is available and appointed by our Travel Expert
- Option 3 – Transfer your place on the holiday to another person: If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer your place on the holiday to another person nominated by you. However, both you and the new traveller are jointly liable for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer. For flight inclusive bookings, you must pay the charges levied by the airlines and/or airline agencies concerned. As most airlines do not permit name changes after tickets have been issued for any reason, these charges are likely to be the full cost of the flight. If you request to change all names on a booking, this will be considered as a cancellation and new booking, and full cancellation charges will be applied on original ones.
- Option 4 – Travel voucher: If you are unable to reschedule your trips, adjust your itineraries, or be replaced by another person, you will be refunded with DISCOVER EAST TRAVEL DMC’s travel vouchers. The travel vouchers are normally valid for 2 years from your original traveling dates, and will be flexibly redeemed within 10 appointed countries where DISCOVER EAST TRAVEL operates land tours and services.
- We will notify you of any impact on the price for all above options (postponement, adjusting itinerary, transfer to another person, or travel voucher) may have. Please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, such as the flight, hotels, cruises…
- If this happens whilst you are on your holiday, please notify us without delay and we will provide such reasonable assistance as we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your holiday, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. You must ensure you have travel insurance which covers these costs.
- No cash will be refunded to save the tourism industry.
- If you fail any test, check or other measures imposed by a supplier, airline, port or airport, border control authority or other government body or local authority, or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so, and as such you are denied entry to board the flight, entry to the destination, access to the services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with the holiday, or that portion of the holiday. If this happens, our standard cancellation charges will apply as at the date of cancellation by you.
You are responsible for complying with any official guidance from governments or local authorities, whilst on your holiday. You also acknowledge that the suppliers providing your holiday, including airlines, hotels and excursion providers, will need to comply with national and/or local guidance and requirements relating to Covid-19, and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as use of face-masks by staff (and you may be required to wear a face-mask as well), social distancing, maximum number restrictions on the use of certain facilities, designated alternative entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitisation, limited entertainment options and limited food/drink availability. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of the holiday, and all measures will be taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.